Thursday, December 23, 2010

Prologue

Scene: Copenhagen Inernational Airport, waiting in line at the entrance to the security check point.

Security Guard: (Scrutinizing a gentleman’s ticket. Peers at him over her reading glasses, squints a bit, looks back at the ticket. Glances at the clock.)
Sir, your boarding pass says that your flight leaves at 8:25am.

Gentleman: Yes…?

Security Guard: It is 9am. I believe you have missed your flight.

Gentleman: I’m sorry… I have no concept of time.

Security Guard: Well when you have a plane to catch time is very important.
(The guard steps back to use her walkie-talkie to, presumably, check on the status of the flight.)

(The man teeters around, looking sort of stunned, then sees me.)
Gentleman: Why hello there.

Me: Hi!

Gentleman: It appears I’ve missed my flight. (Words are slurred, and he reeks of alcohol.)

1 comment: