Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Now for something a little different...

REVERB#10 is an online initiative that encourages participants to reflect on this year and manifest what’s next. It’s an opportunity to retreat and consider the reverberations of your year past, and those that you’d like to create in the year ahead.

Most of the #REVERB10 sharing is done on Twitter using the hashtag #reverb10.

Visit reverb10.com.

December 21 - Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Author: Jenny Blake)

Go with the flow. Try to say yes to things as they come your way. There is no right way to be.

December 22 - How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year? (Author: Tara Hunt)

In 2010 I traveled a lot! I went to Miami, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, and Italy. In Switzerland, Dan and I were entirely in nature and simply hiked each day. That remains my favorite trip of all time. I want to take more nature-based trips.

December 23 - Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why? (Author: Becca Wilcott)

Elizabeth or Victoria, like I’m a queen!

December 24 - What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead? (Author: Kate Inglis)

Everytime I freak out that things won’t be okay, they always are eventually! There are millions of examples for this, and I should remember any time I was worried about how things would turn out.

December 25 - Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you. (Author: Tracey Clark)

Dan took this picture at Devil’s Lake State Park in Wisconsin. We had been hiking, and I was brave enough to try to squeeze through a little rock opening to try to get into Devil’s Doorway, which is a precariously perched stone structure on a big bluff. I got stuck and even ripped my shirt in the process, but we had so much fun and I was so happy! I think it reveals my fun-loving and silly side that I want to emphasize.

December 26 – What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul? (Author: Elise Marie Collins)

This year I had a birthday dinner with my fiance’s family that ended up also being an engagement party! We ordered Pizza Luce, which to me is the best pizza in the world. All my favorite pizzas were there, and people who had somehow grown to accept me as a family member were there.

December 27 - Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? (Author: Brené Brown)

I can think of a lot of them, but one in particular that sticks out is sitting on the couch, watching bad television with Dan in our first apartment in St. Paul. It was beautiful because it was such a normal thing to do and all those happy normal moments can easily be forgotten if you don't notice them!

No comments:

Post a Comment